It smells wonderful, is rich in valuable ingredients, and cares for hair and skin in a unique way: almond oil. This article will show you in detail what the benefits of this special oil are and how to use it.
Almond oil is an absolute all-rounder when it comes to the care and beauty of our body from head to toe. Skin and hair benefit equally from this uniquely versatile oil. And the best thing is: It can be used for almost all skin types.
Ingredients of almond oil
Almond oil contains numerous vitamins and other good ingredients that support the functions of skin and hair:
- Vitamin E: Almonds contain particularly high levels of tocopherol (vitamin E), which has an antioxidant effect and thus protects against free radicals that cause the skin to age. Thanks to the vitamin E in almond oil, the skin remains young, firm, and healthy for longer.
- Vitamin A: This vitamin supports the elasticity of the skin and can protect it from damage caused by external influences such as UV radiation. It is not only recommended for dry skin, but also for impure skin up to acne skin, as it prevents hornification of the sebaceous gland ducts.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin in almond oil strengthens the skin and makes it difficult for bacteria to penetrate into the pores and cause centers of inflammation there. A lack of vitamin D can lead to impure skin and poor wound healing.
- B-vitamins: Almond oil contains various B vitamins that have a positive effect on skin, hair, and nails. They sometimes ensure that they are well moisturized. The B-vitamins include biotin, folic acid, and pantothenic acid.
Application of almond oil on the skin
Almond oil is an excellent base oil for lotions and body oils. It spreads rather slowly on the skin and provides there a long-lasting soft feeling.
Almond oil for facial care
Almond oil is suitable as a moisturizer for all skin types. Dry skin is deeply and long moisturized. Almond oil has an anti-aging effect on mature skin because the oil makes it appear plumper; age spots and wrinkles are reduced. Sensitive skin rejoices in the natural protective shield that almond oil puts on the skin. And impure skin can find its balance again.
Application: Simply spread a few drops of the oil on the still moist skin and massage it in gently. Attention: Almond oil is generally absorbed slowly into the skin, this is completely normal.
Almond oil: Ideal for removing make-up
The fact that almond oil is absorbed slowly into the skin also makes it an ideal product for removing make-up. The oil binds dirt particles and sebum on the skin, which can then be removed with a moist cotton pad. Since it is so well-tolerated and gentle to the skin, it can also be used to remove eye make-up. Even with waterproof make-up!
Almond oil for the whole body
What is good for the skin on the face, our other skin likes too. So you are doing it a great favor when you mix the oil with your body lotion, for example, to pamper your body. Or you put a few drops in a bath. Afterward, the skin feels velvety soft all over your body.
Because almond oil is so well-tolerated and has no side effects, it can also be used during pregnancy for body care. Here it can especially prevent the formation of stretch marks.
And another tip: Almond oil is also excellent for shaving!
Application of almond oil in hair
Almond oil also provides our hair with moisture. Dry ends can be easily controlled by massaging a few drops of almond oil into towel-dried hair. Afterward, brittle hair shines again and looks healthier and stronger.
Dandruff, itchy scalp and hair loss can be combated by specifically supplying the scalp with almond oil. To do this, massage a few drops of the oil into the scalp and leave it to work for at least 20 minutes. Then wash out with a mild shampoo. For a more intensive effect, the oil can also be massaged into the scalp in the evening before going to bed and washed out the next day.
What should one pay attention to when buying almond oil?
If you want to use pure almond oil for skin and hair care, you should pay attention to the following:
- The oil should preferably come from organic farming.
- It should be a cold-pressed almond oil.
- Take almond oil of high quality.
You should also be aware that there are oils from sweet and bitter almonds. The latter is not suitable for skin and hair care, because bitter almonds contain toxic prussic acid.
Would you like to know more about the use and effects of oils? Here you can find valuable information about amla oil, jojoba oil, rose oil, orange oil, or carrot oil.